H.265 video gets ITU approval
Web and mobile video will soon get a boost thanks to H.265, a new video codec recently approved by the ITU. H.265, known as High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC), will deliver high-resolution video with half the bit rate of its predecessor, H.264.
More than 80 percent of web video is now encoded with H.264, and the standard is supported by most technology companies including Apple. The ITU expects companies to start phasing-in support for H.265 in their next generation products and some companies, like Broadcom and Ericsson, have already showcased the technology.
You may also like to check out:
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1
- How To Downgrade iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G From iOS 6 To 5.1.1 Using Redsn0w