HAPIfork Kickstarter campaign goes live
Stick with us on this one: Yes, the HAPIfork is still just a Kickstarter project, as its US$100,000 campaign has just gone live on the fundraising site. And yes, most Kickstarter projects make better ideas than actual products. But the HAPIfork, unlikely as it may seem, was one of the biggest stars of CES 2013 back in January, so we figured it only right to let you know that you can now back and buy it if you’re so inclined.
Our friends at Engadget got to go hands-on with the latest version of the fork, which purports to help you track how quickly you eat (with the option to send your eating information back to an iPhone app if you like), and will vibrate to warn you if you’re chowing down too fast. The bad news about the fork is that it’s apparently very big — the onboard electronics make the thing way bigger than your standard fork, which makes it a little unwieldy. But Engadget reports that the idea generally works: After a few vibrations, you get the idea, and the fork could actually slow down quicker eaters.
At any rate, if that kind of thing sounds appetizing to you, you can get the HAPIfork at a discounted rate of $89 through the Kickstarter. That price is limited to the first 2,500 buyers, and then the price goes back up to the usual $99 (the company is planning to expand that in the future, to a cheaper model and a more premium model with a few extra features). If you’ve been waiting to get your hands on one of these since CES, there you go.
- Download iOS 7.1.1
- How To Jailbreak iOS 7 – 7.1 Untethered On iPhone 5s, 5c, 5, 4s And More With Evasi0n7
- How To Downgrade iOS 7.1-7.1.1 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.2
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1