This week Benjamin and Zac detail several new MacBook Pro discoveries, address some of the criticism the new Mac is receiving, unpack the changes in the new iOS 10.2 beta, and much more. 9to5Mac’s Happy Hour podcast is available for download on iTunes and Apple’s Podcasts app, or through our dedicated RSS feed for Overcast and other podcast players.
New episodes of Happy Hour are available every week. As mentioned, you can download this podcast via iTunes or plug in our RSS feed link into your favorite podcasting app.
Note: Subscribing to the podcast feed will guarantee the latest episode is downloaded as soon as possible.
Here’s what we discussed in this episode:
- Chinese supply chain sources report Apple AirPods not shipping until January 2017
- New MacBook Pro owners with USB printers, mics, and audio equipment can avoid adapters with this handy cable
- Apple says new MacBook Pro’s 16GB RAM limitation is to maintain battery life efficiency
- Reports seemingly clarify Phil Schiller’s explanation of why there’s no 32GB MacBook Pro
- New MacBook Pros lack iconic Mac startup chime, but they do automatically boot when you open the lid (update: here’s how to enable it)
- Phil Schiller addresses new MacBook Pro controversy, explains why Apple dropped the SD card reader but kept the headphone jack
- Opinion: No SD Card slot? It’s the camera companies you should be upset with, not Apple
- MacBook Pro Diary: My take on some of the criticisms being levelled at the new models
- Comment: People are complaining about the wrong things with the new MacBook Pro
- MacBook Pro Touch Bar support for Logic Pro X coming early next year
- KGI: Apple to drop MacBook Pro prices, introduce new 32GB RAM option in 2017
- Apple releases first iOS 10.2, watchOS 3.1.1, tvOS 10.1 and macOS 10.12.2 betas w/ new emoji, wallpapers, more
- Apple releases first iOS 10.2 public beta with new emoji, wallpapers, more
- Here are the new emoji included in iOS 10.2 [Gallery]
- Here’s everything that’s new in iOS 10.2 beta 1 [Video]
- Update: Apple Watch Activity app workaround for ‘rest days’ concept
Feedback? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember: Subscribe on iTunes to catch all of the episodes as they go live and thanks for listening!