This week Benjamin and Zac put the latest iPhone 8 leaks and rumors in context including an alleged leaked schematic, Touch ID potentially moving to the back, more thoughts on Clips after one week, Apple’s new Podcasts directory name, and Apple’s internal Apple Watch challenge. 9to5Mac’s Happy Hour podcast is available for download on iTunes and Apple’s Podcasts app, or through our dedicated RSS feed for Overcast and other podcast players.
New episodes of Happy Hour are available every week. As mentioned, you can download this podcast via iTunes or plug in our RSS feed link into your favorite podcasting app.
Note: Subscribing to the podcast feed will guarantee the latest episode is downloaded as soon as possible.
Here’s what we discussed in this episode:
- The sketchy story behind this iPhone 8 schematic going around …
- Analyst: iPhone 8 fingerprint sensor integrated into screen facing low production yields, Apple may change design
- Purported iPhone 8 schematics show ‘bezel-less’ front, rear Touch ID, supposed dimensions
- New iPhone 8 report & renders claim in-screen Touch ID, 4mm bezels, ‘invisible’ front camera, more
- Rumor: iPhone 8 could feature Smart Connector for ‘wireless’ charging, VR/AR accessories
- Apple rebrands iTunes Podcasts directory as Apple Podcasts, new badge for publishers to use
- Report: Apple’s Clips app hit a million downloads, peaked at no. 28 on U.S. App Store charts
- How to use Clips, a hands-on video walkthrough [Video]
- Apple internally promoting Apple Watch Activity app w/ challenges, exclusive t-shirts & more
Feedback? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember: Subscribe on iTunes to catch all of the episodes as they go live and thanks for listening!