How To Access Over 40 Hidden Wallpapers In OS X Mountain Lion
iOS or OS X, Apple’s operating systems have always come with a lovely set of wallpapers that really enhance your desktop, but did you know that OS X Mountain Lion – in addition to the wallpapers available under the Change Desktop Background option – comes with over three dozen wallpapers that are hidden*?
If you’re the type who changes their wallpapers regularly, you should definitely check them out.
Accessing the wallpapers is a very simple task. All you have to do is launch Finder, pressCommand + Shift + G, and paste the following in the Go To Folder option that pops up:
This will take you four directories that are full of breath-taking wallpapers from categories likeAerial, the Cosmos and Nature Patterns. There is even a separate directory that is dedicated entirely to licensed images from National Geographic.
Each wallpaper has a resolution of 3200 x 2000, so you can use them on all Apple devices from the iPhone 3GS to the iMac after a simple cropping and / or resizing procedure under a suitable photo-editing software.
This discovery of over three dozen wallpapers is an awesome find, that will keep wallpaper enthusiasts busy for a few weeks or months.
I’m a big fan of wallpapers myself, as I believe they can have an effect the way you organize and work with your operating system’s desktop. I have a collection over one hundred wallpapers for my iPhone and my PC that I keep changing every two or three days to keep things fresh.
Since, as of typing, I don’t have access to a Mac that is running OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, is there a possibility that one of you could zip them up, upload them to a service like Dropbox and share the link over in the comments section on our Facebook and Google+ page?
*Why did Apple hide such great wallpapers? The answer is that these were being used by Apple as stock screensavers. Thanks to this tip, though, you can use them as wallpapers.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 7.0.3
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1
- How To Downgrade iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G From iOS 6 To 5.1.1 Using Redsn0w