How to check your upgrade eligibility before you buy an iPhone 5s or iPhone 5c
Are you planning to buy the iPhone 5S or the iPhone 5C in the coming weeks? If you’ve signed up for a two-year contract, then you’ll want to check your upgrade eligibility with your carrier before you even think about pre-ordering one of these new iPhones. If you are a Sprint, AT&T, Verizon or T-Mobile customer, then read on to find out how to check the terms of your current contract.
AT&T: AT&T customers have the option of making a phone call of checking online.
- Log in to myAT&T using your PC or tablet. From the Overview page, go to the “I want to” drop-down list and select “Manage my plan & services.” Then select Check upgrade eligibility.
- Call *639# (*NEW#) from your wireless device to get a free text with your upgrade eligibility status.
Verizon Wireless: Verizon Wirelesscustomers have the option of making a phone call of checking online.
- On your Verizon iPhone, dial #874 and a text message will be sent to your phone with your upgrade eligibility status.
- Login to your Verizon Wireless account. Your upgrade eligibility date is listed on the Upgrade Your Device page in My Verizon. You’ll see a list of the mobile numbers on your account, and the upgrade eligibility date will be listed below each mobile number.
Sprint: Sprint customers can call a special customer service line, request a text message or visit their account on Sprint’s website.
- Call into Customer Care by pressing *2 on your handset and then press 1. Enter your phone number and press 1 to check upgrade eligibility.
- Use your phone by texting the word “upgrade” to 1311.
- Go directly to the Upgrade Eligibility Site located here. This link is also located in the footer of all pages under ‘Shop.”
- Log into My Sprint and visit the My Account tab. Locate the “Upgrade phone” link in the “I want to” section next to the phone you are looking to upgrade.
T-Mobile: T-Mobile customers who still have a contract can check their upgrade eligibility online.
- Log in to My T-Mobile and from the center of the landing page, click “Upgrade Phone.” Then select “See more details” to view details of the device, pricing, and contract options.
Apple: Apple also offers iPhone upgrade eligibility check, but you’ll need to enter the last four of the primary account holder’s SSN.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 7.0.3
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1
- How To Downgrade iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G From iOS 6 To 5.1.1 Using Redsn0w