How To Customize iOS Lock Screen Sliders With Text And Emojis Without Respringing Your Device
The patented Slide to Unlock feature is one of the most recognizable features of Apple’s iOS ecosystem, but once you’ve slid and unlocked a couple of times, it’s fair to say the text reminder becomes rather redundant.
Needless to say, it would be nice if we could put some different information in that box, and while we wait in hope for Apple to bring such an implementation, one tweakster has already come through with a jailbreak option by the name of Sliderz.
Not only does Sliderz allow you to customize the text of Slide to Unlock to just about anything you want, but you can also implement emoji icons into the mix.
To make things more interesting, the developer has also thrown in support for sliders like Power Off and Incoming Call, so you can have things looking exactly as you would like right across the board.
You can configure your text from within the Settings app, and as you’ll see from the screenshot, the interface is fairly easy to master:
One of the great things about Sliderz is that there is no need for the time consuming rigmarole of resprining. You simply go to Settings, pick your characters, and you’re good to go. Changes are completely instantaneous, so if you feel like chopping and changing things around at a later date, you won’t have that rather annoying wait on your hands while your device initializes once more.
The tweak is available from, as ever, the default BigBoss repository, and although it works with the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, your device will need to be running on iOS 6. The release notes stipulate that the tweak does not work on iOS 5 or earlier, so please do not download unless you’re running on a variation of iOS 6. You’ve been warned already.
Sliderz costs 99 cents, which is a reasonable price for a tweak of this nature. It may not be a big win for productivity, but on an ecosystem in which customization is at a premium, these kinds of tweaks are always more than welcome.
- Download iOS 7.1.1
- How To Jailbreak iOS 7 – 7.1 Untethered On iPhone 5s, 5c, 5, 4s And More With Evasi0n7
- How To Downgrade iOS 7.1-7.1.1 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.2
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1