How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.5 Untethered With p0sixspwn
At last, there’s some positive and good old fashioned wholesome news to come from the world of iOS jailbreaking. Canadian developer ih8sn0w of Sn0wbreeze and iFaith fame has announced the immediate availability of the iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.5 untethered Cydia package that will essentially turn a restricted tethered jailbreak into a glorious untethered option for select devices. While most of the jailbreak community are focusing their full attention on the developments in the Evasi0n saga, ih8sn0w and his fellow developers have been hard at work producing this untethered options for those users who simply wish to stay on a legacy version of iOS.
As Apple releases additional devices powered by new processors built on varying architectures, it becomes increasingly difficult to work out which devices are supported at any given time. Thankfully this particular release does a fantastic job of abstracting away all of the fuss, confusion and mayhem that has surrounded the community in the last few days and instead offers a relatively simple way of achieving untethered root through the installation of a package hosted by Jay Freeman within Cydia. The steps are extremely simple:
Notes before proceeding:
- Compatible with iOS 6.1.3/6.1.5 on iPhone 3GS and A4 iPhone and iPod touch. A5+ devices are not supported.
- The supported devices must currently have a tethered jailbreak applied to it and be on iOS 6.1.3 or 6.1.5. A tethered jailbreak on these two firmwares can be achieved by pointing Redsn0w to the iOS 6.0 firmware or using Sn0wbreeze, tutorial for which is linked below:
- Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 With Sn0wbreeze 2.9.14 [How-To Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On Pre-A5 iPhone And iPod touch Using Redsn0w [How-To Tutorial]
Once you have got the tethered jailbreak running, follow the steps below to apply the untether directly.
Step 1: Launch Cydia on the device and wait for packages to refresh.
Step 2: If the packages don’t refresh automatically then select the ‘Changes‘ tab and hit the ‘Refresh‘ option in the top left hand corner.
Step 3: In the search bar type in ‘p0sixspwn‘ and wait for the package to show up. Install the package like any other standard Cydia offering.
If for some reason ‘p0sixspwn‘ doesn’t show up for you in Cydia’s default repositories, add http://repo.ih8sn0w.com as a repo on Cydia and install the ‘p0sixspwn‘ untether package from there.
Step 4: Process is complete. The device is now untethered.
The team behind the release will be using the next few days in the run up to Christmas to try and make a jailbreak available for A5+ devices on iOS 6.x for those who simply want to stay away from iOS 7. It’s great to see that there is some light at the end of the tunnel for those on current hardware and firmware combinations.
- Download iOS 7.1.1
- How To Jailbreak iOS 7 – 7.1 Untethered On iPhone 5s, 5c, 5, 4s And More With Evasi0n7
- How To Downgrade iOS 7.1-7.1.1 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.2
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1