How to replace your iPhone 5’s Home button [Video]
Ever since Apple introduced the multitasking feature in iOS 4, which allows users to access the app switcher for the recently used apps by double clicking on the Home button, the wear and tear of the button has increased significantly.
So if you ever have to replace your iPhone 5′s Home button, then teardown experts at iFixit have you covered. They have published a video that gives an overview on how to replace iPhone 5′s Home button.
To replace your iPhone 5’s Home button, you need special set of tools, which include a Phillips #00 Screwdriver, a Pentalobe screwdriver, a suction cup, plastic opening tools, spudger and of course a replacement Home button.
You can buy a replacement Home button for your iPhone 5 from iFixit for $6.95, while the other tools come as a part of iFixit’s Pro Tech Toolkit, which normally costs $100 but is on sale for $69.95 as part of the Liberation Week sale that ends today, July 5th.
You start off by removing the screws next to the Lightning connector, and then use the suction cup to remove the display assembly.
You then have to remove the front panel assembly from the rear case, followed by the 1.3mm Philips screws securing the Home button to the display panel assembly and then use the tip of the spudger to lift the button from the adhesive securing it.
Check out the step-by-step video walkthrough of the process below:
- Download iOS 7.1.1
- How To Jailbreak iOS 7 – 7.1 Untethered On iPhone 5s, 5c, 5, 4s And More With Evasi0n7
- How To Downgrade iOS 7.1-7.1.1 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.2
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1