I have an iPhone 4 subjugating that I use with my children so they can call me when they are far from house.
It worked perfectly till just recently, when the energy button damaged. The most significant disadvantage to a damaged power button is that you can not switch off the screen to place the phone to rest or energy off the gadget to conserve the electric battery.
After a couple of weeks of unintentional butt dials and lifeless electric batteries, I stumbled upon this posting at GrownUpGeek by Randy Brown. It turns out that you could secure an iPhone or power it off without touching the power button when you allow AssistiveTouch in the Ease of access choices.
- Open Setup >) General >) Availability.
- Scroll to AssistiveTouch and touch AssistiveTouch and tap the toggle to transform it ON. The toggle will certainly be eco-friendly when the function is made it possible for in iOS 7.
- A tiny dark square with a white circle in the middle ought to now show up at the advantage your screen. You can drag this square icon to a handy place on your monitor.
- Touch the circle icon to established the AssistiveTouch food selection and then touch “Tool” to access the device-specific commands as shown in the image at the leading of the web page.
- You will certainly see an icon for “Lock Screen” as shown in the picture at the leading of the page. Touch this when if you intend to lock the monitor of your iPhone. Tap and hold if you wish to turn on the iPhone’s power-off slider.
Since your iPhone is rest method, merely touch the house switch to wake it up. If you shut off your iPhone making use of the power-off slider button, you will should plug in the gadget using your billing cord in order to power it back on.