Reports pertaining to the iPhone 6 seem to change course on an almost daily basis, but there underlying theme is that Apple’s next smartphone will be significantly larger than anything the Cupertino firm has released hitherto. Following on from a report by ISI analyst Brian Marshall that a bigger iPhone would prompt a spike in upgrades as well as the number of consumers switching from Android, a new report published on Thursday has somewhat echoed these sentiments.
451 Research has chimed into the ongoing iPhone 6 debate with the suggestion that the constant rumors of a bigger iPhone has piqued the interest of the consumer market. Certainly, from where we’re sitting, it does feel as though the excitement levels are at an all time high with regards to Apple’s next big thing, but then again, iPhone Fever seems to take a stronger hold on the tech community with each year that goes by.
451 carried out a survey on consumers, asking them for their take on the abundance of iPhone rumors currently swirling around the various news outlet. Talking about the purported larger display – as well as the usual perks such as bumped processor and iOS 8 – consumers were asked whether, at the typical $ 199 price for a 16GB device tethered to a contract, they would consider making the purchase.
14 percent of those who took part considered themselves to be “very likely” to go out and pick up the handset on the strength of the current reports and rumors, while 26 percent went with “somewhat likely” to purchase one. As those with a decent grasp on math will have noticed, a total of 40 percent, or two-fifths of those polled are thinking about getting the next iPhone, and by comparison, this amounts to a significantly higher proportion of consumers than in the run-up to the iPhone 5, or iPhone 5s.
Reports from Reuters, Bloomberg and several other reputable publishers have suggested that the next-gen iPhone will arrive in two size configurations, with a 4.7-inch display gracing the smaller model and larger version set to sport a 5.5-inch panel. More recently, it has been noted that due to manufacturing issues, the more sizeable device mightn’t make it to retail until very late on in the year, although the 4.7-inch device should be ready in time for the touted September release.
You may also like to check out:
- Apple Reportedly Gearing Up For A Huge Q3 2014 Product Rollout
You can follow us on Twitter, add us to your circle on Google+ or like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple and the Web.