iOS 6.1.4 Jailbreak With Cydia Running Successfully On iPhone 5 [IMAGE]
Evasi0n jailbreak, which brought forward the first ever untethered jailbreak solution on devices running iOS 6.x, was patched by Apple in iOS 6.1.3/6.1.4 firmware releases. Last week we reported that an untethered 6.1.3 jailbreak was indeed possible, but was not publicly available since it needed some work. Today, we have even more good news, this time for those running iOS 6.1.4 on the iPhone 5.
iOS 6.1.4, which was released back in May for iPhone 5 users only, brought forward a minor bug fix. The small update, which weighs in at 11.5MB, was unjailbreakable, until now.
Developer Winocm, who achieved the untethered jailbreak on iOS 6.1.3 last week, tweeted out an image today of iOS 6.1.4 running Cydia on an iPhone 5. Details as usual are scarce at this very moment. We can only assume that progress is being made and Winocm’s exploit is indeed capable of jailbreaking iPhone 5 on the aforementioned firmware.
Apple patched the Evasi0n exploit with the release of iOS 6.1.3, as we mentioned in the beginning of this post, but today’s news suggests that there is light at the end of the tunnel and the chances of us ever seeing an untethered jailbreak for iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4 shouldn’t be ruled out, just yet.
Cydia on iOS 6.1.4 (GSM iPhone 5)
For those who are eagerly waiting for an untethered jailbreak, and are completely uninterested in Apple’s new flat icons in iOS 7, it is highly recommended that you ignore any update at this point for your iOS device and wait for further confirmation on the progress being made on the untethered iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4 jailbreak.
Cydia on iOS 6.1.4 (CDMA iPhone 5)
If you’re already running iOS 6, all the way up to iOS 6.1.2, you’re on the greener side of the fence. You can jailbreak iOS 6 using Evasi0n on all iOS devices capable of running the said firmware.
We will keep you updated as soon as we hear more regarding this, so stay tuned.
(Source: Twitter [Winocm])
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 7.1.1
- How To Jailbreak iOS 7 – 7.1 Untethered On iPhone 5s, 5c, 5, 4s And More With Evasi0n7
- How To Downgrade iOS 7.1-7.1.1 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.2
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1