iOS 7 Jailbreak For iPhone Being Actively Worked On, Confirms Pod2g
Is there an iOS 7 jailbreak? That’s one question we have been constantly asked here at Redmond Pie. With public release of iOS 7 set for September 18th, there is some good news on jailbreak front, as according to a tweet sent out by none other than a prominent member of team Evad3rs, things are looking good for an iOS 7 jailbreak.
Pod2g said this while having a conversation with Nikias Bassen (@pimskeks), who is also a member of Evad3rs, on Twitter.
Apple seeded iOS 7 GM download to developers earlier this week, jailbreak developers, or more precisely, the Evad3rs team, started investigating this final version of iOS 7 right away to see which of their exploits worked and which ones didn’t for a potential iOS 7 jailbreak. Judging by the tweet sent out by Pod2g today, more progress has definitely been made since then. The news should appeal to those who are looking forward to a jailbreak on Apple’s latest mobile iteration.
It is worth mentioning here that if you’re currently jailbroken on iOS 6.x, and love nothing more than a good untethered jailbreak, it’s highly advised not to update to iOS 7 when Apple pushes it out next week. Despite jailbreak progress being made on iOS 7 front, there’s no ETA on release, and therefore it’s advised to wait for more confirmation before going ahead with the update.
Cydia tweak Activator running on jailbroken iPod touch 5 running iOS 7 Beta 1.
So, there you have it, an iOS 7 jailbreak is being actively worked on by the geniuses in the jailbreak community. We just have to be patient, and hope that not only will it liberate the current crop of iOS device, but also the new iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c, which will hit stores come September 20th.
- Download iOS 7.0.6
- How To Jailbreak iOS 7 – 7.0.6 Untethered On iPhone 5s, 5c, 5, 4s And More With Evasi0n7
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1