iOS 7′s keyboard secrets
One area that’s been quietly changed in iOS 7 is the keyboard. As pointed out by TechHive, there are new characters and useful shortcuts that’ll make your typing time a little bit easier.
You’ll see these changes in apps that are updated for iOS 7, and the changes can be subtle. The Twitter app, for example, now inserts both the @ and # symbols so you can easily message someone or write a hashtag.
There are also a handful of hidden characters that are accessible by holding down a key on the keyboard. The one I use the most is the “…”, which is available by long-holding the period key.
You can check out a longer list of shortcuts in the TechHive article.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 7.0.3
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1
- How To Downgrade iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G From iOS 6 To 5.1.1 Using Redsn0w