iPad A5X CPU vs ASUS Transformer Prime Tegra 3 CPU benchmarks [video]
The first third-generation iPads are in the hands of the tech geeks, and the benchmarks are flying.
Back on March 8, TUAW reported that NVIDIA was not happy with Apple’s claim that the A5X system-on-a-chip that powers the new iPad would put the NVIDIA Tegra 3 to shame. Australian tech blogger Ritchie has put the claim to the test by doing a side-by-side video comparison of the new iPad and the Tegra 3-powered ASUS Transformer Prime.
The results, while not as dramatic as Apple’s claims of 4 times the graphics processing power of the Tegra 3, do show conclusively that the two-core four-graphic-core A5X trounces the quad-core, 12-graphic-core Tegra 3.
As our very own Chris Rawson noted at the time of the post on March 8, “Prediction: Once NVIDIA runs A5X benchmarks and finds out it trounces the Tegra 3, we hear nothing more from them about it.” We’re waiting, NVIDIA…
Check out the results for yourself in Ritchie’s video, embedded for your viewing pleasure below.
You may also like to check out:
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1
- How To Downgrade iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G From iOS 6 To 5.1.1 Using Redsn0w