iPad navigates self-driving car
Researchers at Oxford University are working on technology that would let you ride in a self-driving car that’s partially controlled by an iPad. According to a report in Clean Technica, the RobotCar UK project is headed up by Professor Paul Newman of Oxford University’s Department of Engineering Science.
The computer-controlled system uses sensors on the outside of a Nissan Leaf to generate a detailed picture of the car’s surroundings. An iPad sits in the dashboard and is the control panel that lets the user interact with the system. With just a few taps, the driver can turn auto-drive on and off.
The research team is still in the early stages of testing the self-driving system. It’ll take some time for the technology to improve and for the cost to drop from its prototype price of £5,000 down to a consumer friendly £100.
You can check out a video of the car in action below and let us know what you think in the comments. Would you ride in iPad-controlled self-driving car?
You may also like to check out:
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1
- How To Downgrade iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G From iOS 6 To 5.1.1 Using Redsn0w