iPhone coming to T-Mobile in 3-4 months
Speaking at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, T-Mobile USA Chief Executive John Legere said that the carrier will begin to sell the iPhone in about “three to four months,” and that T-Mobile will be taking a different tack to selling them by dropping subsidies for the phones.
At this point, most carriers heavily subsidize the iPhone — that’s why you always get tied into a two-year contract in order to get the newest device at a significant discount. While you may pay more up front for a T-Mobile iPhone, the company hopes to attract customers by not tying them to a long-term contract and offering lower service prices.
Legere said that he thinks the plan might increase T-Mobile USA’s market share by more than 5 percent by offering the combination of more flexibility and lower prices.
You may also like to check out:
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1
- How To Downgrade iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G From iOS 6 To 5.1.1 Using Redsn0w