iPhone owners have the highest cellular bills among smartphone users
Carriers may not like iPhone users who consume a lot of data, but they cannot complain about the whopping bills these customers pay each month. According to a survey by Consumer Intelligence Research Partners (CIRP) and reported by AllThingsD, almost 60 percent of iPhone users pay more than US$100 per month for their wireless plan. A surprising 10 percent pay more than $200 per month to keep their iPhones always connected, while only 6 percent are on a budget plan that costs $25 to $50 per month.
Android users, on the other hand, tend to pay less for their wireless service plans, with 14 percent rocking bills that cost less that $50 per month. Only 7 percent break the bank with bills that balloon to over $200 per month.
CIRP co-founder Michael Levin says iPhone owners pay more because the iPhone traditionally has been offered on the major wireless carriers in the US. “We think it has to do with their data plans and carriers, rather than their usage habits,” explained Levin. “They are all on expensive data plans, unlike Android users, some of which are on prepaid or unsubsidized plans with regional carriers.”
iPhone owners have the highest cellular bills among smartphone users originally appeared on TUAW – The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Wed, 30 Jan 2013 14:15:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 7.0.3
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1
- How To Downgrade iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G From iOS 6 To 5.1.1 Using Redsn0w