iPhone-powered scan-and-go checkout system at Walmart being tested
Walmart may be working on a self-pay checkout system that uses the Apple iPhone, says a report in Reuters. A survey on Survey Monkey suggests Walmart employees are testing the system at a store in Rogers, Arkansas. In this self-pay system, customers would scan items with their iPhones while they shop. When they are done shopping, the customer would pay at a self-checkout counter. The checkout system would reduce costs for retailer and shorten checkout times for customers.
iPhone-powered scan-and-go checkout system at Walmart being tested originally appeared on TUAW – The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Mon, 03 Sep 2012 10:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
You may also like to check out:
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1
- How To Downgrade iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G From iOS 6 To 5.1.1 Using Redsn0w