It’s almost iPhone 7 pre-order day, meaning tonight will be your first chance to get in line for deliveries of the device starting later this month on September 16.
Below you’ll find everything you need to know about how to order an iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, both online and in-store, as well as info on all the essential accessories you’ll need for when pre-orders go live later tonight.
Thanks to our sponsor Speck and its brand new line of iPhone 7 cases available now.
How to pre-order:
Apple’s iPhone 7 & 7 Plus preorders officially kick off tonight at 12:01AM PT/3AM ET through the company’s online store and carriers. That will be the first opportunity to purchase the device and get in the queue for shipments expected to go out on Sept. 16, the same day the iPhone 7 will officially launch at retail stores and carriers. Here’s what you need to know:
- Apple’s website and the Apple Store app will let you set up your account info and check upgrade options ahead of pre-orders officially going live tonight at 12:01AM PT/3AM ET. Through Apple’s website you can check your account status with your carrier to check your upgrade eligibility. You can also check your upgrade eligibility for Apple’s iPhone Upgrade Program, and Apple’s website will show you pricing and installment plan options for all the major carriers as well as shipping estimates. ***Make sure your account info (Credit card, shipping address) is ready to go and any accessories you want with your order in your cart.
- Carrier availability: In addition to Apple’s site, the major carriers including AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, and Verizon will begin accepting pre-orders tonight at 12:01a.m. PT, 3am ET through their websites. The devices, like through Apple, are available through the various installment & upgrade plans offered by the carriers.
- AT&T & T-Mobile models don’t support CDMA networks: Unlike last year’s iPhones, T-Mobile and AT&T models won’t support CDMA networks, but Verizon and Sprint models support both GSM and CDMA networks.
- Retail availability: Retail stores like BestBuy, Walmart and Apple Stores will be your other option for getting iPhone 7 & 7 Plus, but not until September 16 when it official goes on sale. Get full details on pricing and country availability.
- Deals & Promos: T-Mobile and Sprint are both offering a free 32GB iPhone 7 deal with trade-in. Sprint is offering a 256GB iPhone 7 models for $100 off, making it the price of the 128GB model.
Featured Accessory: Speck’s brand new line of iPhone 7 cases feature 20% less bulk than its previous generation, making them the slimmest, most protective line of cases yet from the company. The collection, pictured above, is made up of 7 new Presidio designs, each with various color options and some featuring prints.
(Top row, left to right): Presidio | Presidio GRIP | Presidio INKED |
(Bottom, left to right): Presidio CLEAR + GLITTER | Presidio WALLET | Presidio CLEAR + PRINT | Presidio CLEAR |
You can order the new cases for iPhone 7 now through Speck’s website. [Shop iPhone 7 Cases & iPhone 7 Plus Cases]