iTunes 11 mini player provides control over multiple AirPlay devices
Here’s a neat feature we’ve found while fiddling around with iTunes 11: Its AirPlay popup panel lets you easily select and control the volume of multiple AirPlay devices at once, without having to bother with individual settings windows and its now accessible from the mini player. This way, you can pipe audio to, say, a stereo hooked up to your AirPort Express in one room and an Apple TV in another, controlling the volume on both independently from a window that looks like this:
The AirPlay button used to be tucked away in the lower right corner of iTunes, next to the Genius button (no longer on the chrome of iTunes 11), and the iTunes sidebar (which appears to be MIA). Now that AirPlay has taken root across Apple’s systems and is popping up in ever more hardware accessories, it’s good that the tech is taking a more prominent space on Apple’s default music player.
Have you found any other handy new functionality in iTunes 11? Let us know in the comments!
iTunes 11 mini player provides control over multiple AirPlay devices originally appeared on TUAW – The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Thu, 29 Nov 2012 16:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
- Download iOS 7.1.1
- How To Jailbreak iOS 7 – 7.1 Untethered On iPhone 5s, 5c, 5, 4s And More With Evasi0n7
- How To Downgrade iOS 7.1-7.1.1 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.2
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1