Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3, 6.1.4, 6.1.5 Untethered On All Devices With P0sixspwn [Tutorial]
So it’s probably fair to say that it’s been a busy week or two in the jailbreak community. You’d have had to have been living in a cave somewhere on Mars to have not noticed that the jailbreak coverage has been relentless of late, mainly thanks to the release of an iOS 7 jailbreak that caused something of a stir. With shiny new hardware and iOS 7 jailbreaks piling up around our feet of late though, it’s easy to forget that not everyone went out and bought an iPhone 5s or brand new iPad Air or mini 2 this year and, just as importantly, not everyone upgraded to iOS 7. That means the new Evad3rs jailbreak is useless to those people still holding on to iOS 6.1.x.
But they might still want to jailbreak, which is why the release of P0sixspwn is important. As we told you not very long ago, P0sixspwn supports all iOS devices including the likes of iPhone 5 that are running iOS versions 6.1.3, 6.1.4 or 6.1.5. It’s untethered too, which as far as we’re concerned is the only kind of jailbreak we’re really interested in. Who wants to have to plug into a computer every time they restart their phone?
So, with P0sixspwn now available to download – Mac only currently, Windows version will be available soon – we thought we’d put together a little guide on how those with the right hardware, and running the right software can get their jailbreak on. Turns out, it’s actually ridiculously easy.
The first bit of good news is that nothing is going to get restored here. No having to re-install all your stuff, no risk of losing your data and no messing around. Sound good? You betcha it does!
It is important to note that:
- This is an untethered jailbreak compatible with all devices capable of running iOS 6.1.3, 6.1.4 and 6.1.5.
- Apple isn’t signing iOS 6.1.x on latest devices such as the iPhone 5. If something goes wrong with your OS version during jailbreak or afterwards, there is no way to reinstall iOS 6.1.x. You will be forced to upgrade to the latest iOS 7 version. And no, you cant downgrade from iOS 7 to 6.1.x either on devices like the iPhone 5.
- Make sure you backup all your data via iTunes or iCloud before going ahead with the jailbreak.
- P0sixspwn is compatible only with OS X 10.7+.
- If you have an A4 device such as the iPhone 4 or iPod touch 4, you can alternatively get the untethered jailbreak using a combination of Redsn0w+P0sixspwn Cydia package. More info on that can be found at: Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.5 Untethered With p0sixspwn.
So ready? Here’s what to do.
How-to Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3, 6.1.4, 6.1.5:
Step 1: Download P0sixspwn for your Mac. You can also download it from p0sixspwn.com. There’s a Windows version on the way, and we don’t expect these instructions to change all that much when it does get released.
Step 2: Extract the download. If you run into “P0sixspwn can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer” on OS X, simply right click on the app icon, and click on Open. Click on Open again when you get the p0sixspwn is an application downloaded from the Internet. Are you sure you want to open it? prompt, as shown in the screenshot below.
Step 3: Next, plug your iOS device into your Mac and turn off the passcode lock on the device from: Settings –> General –> Passcode Lock –> Off. You can turn it back on after you’re all done.
Step 4: Hit that ‘Jailbreak’ button and follow the onscreen instructions.
Step 5: Your iOS device may be required to restart a couple of times during the process. Don’t go playing with anything at this point, the magic is happening!
Step 6: After a reboot or two – all automatically done – and you’re set. Your iOS device is now jailbroken.
It really doesn’t get much easier than that, does it?
- Download iOS 7.0.6
- How To Jailbreak iOS 7 – 7.0.6 Untethered On iPhone 5s, 5c, 5, 4s And More With Evasi0n7
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1