How To Jailbreak Untethered iOS 5.0.1 On iPhone 4S and iPad 2 (A5 Devices) Using Redsn0w 0.9.10b7, b8 For Both Windows And Mac [updated]
Update: this guide also applies to Redsn0w 0.9.10b8
The Dev Team have pushed out the seventh beta of the current Redsn0w release, taking the tool to version 0.9.10b7, meaning that it now comes packed with an array of new features, as well as preliminary support for a very exciting new aspect of the tool, hopefully to come in the next release.
The 0.9.10b7 release also brings with it the implementation of the Corona A5 jailbreak for the iPhone 4S and iPad 2, as long as they are running iOS 5.0.1.
You can download the latest Redsn0w for Mac and Windows from the links give at the end. When running the Windows version of the software, be sure to run it in Administrator mode to eradicate any issues.
As usual, we’ve got the tutorial to help you in your quest to jailbreak your iOS 5.0.1 A5 device:
Step 1: Download the latest version of iTunes.
Step 2: Open up iTunes, and back up your device.
Step 3: Upgrade/downgrade your firmware to iOS 5.0.1. [download links]
Step 4: Download the latest version of Redsn0w (Windows/Mac)
Step 5: Start Redsn0w, select “Jailbreak” then check “Install Cydia”. Follow the onscreen steps.
Step 6: Wait for Redsn0w to apply the full untethered jailbreak!
Once done, your iPhone 4S or iPad 2 will be rebooted into fully untethered jailbreak mode!
You can download Redsn0w
0.9.10b7 0.9.10b8 using this link for both Windows and Mac.
You may also like to check out:
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1
- How To Downgrade iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G From iOS 6 To 5.1.1 Using Redsn0w