Judge denies Apple’s bid to move Kodak suit to new court
Apple has suffered another setback in its attempts to stop the bankrupt Kodak from auctioning off a series of patents.
After Apple’s previous attempt to stop the auction wholesale failed, the company appealed to try to move the case from bankruptcy court to a local district court, which Apple said would be more experienced and better equipped to handle a case like this. But last week, a judge in the case denied Apple’s request for a change of venue, cutting off one more argument from Apple against these patents being auctioned off.
This case has been a messy one. Kodak has filed complaints in the case that have been dismissed by the judges involved. In the end, it might all be a moot point anyway. If Apple can’t stop the sale of Kodak’s patents, it could simply buy them, and Kodak has already accused Apple of trying to bring the patents’ sale price down by questioning their legality. The auction is currently set to take place next month.
Judge denies Apple’s bid to move Kodak suit to new court originally appeared on TUAW – The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Mon, 30 Jul 2012 17:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
You may also like to check out:
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 Beta To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1
- How To Downgrade iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G From iOS 6 To 5.1.1 Using Redsn0w