As you are probably more than aware by now, a working jailbreak for iOS 9.3.3 to 9.2 firmwares is finally here. China-based Pangu Team literally made the announcement and released the tool out of nowhere, much to the delight of those 64-bit device owners looking to liberate their hardware from Apple’s walled garden to install Cydia and jailbreak tweaks on it. The tool is currently only available for Windows machines, compatible with 64-bit iOS devices, and is of semi-untethered/tethered variety (more on that is detailed below), and here we’re going to take a step-by-step approach to showing you exactly how to jailbreak your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch using it. Ready? Here we go.
Compatible iOS devices:
- iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE
- iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 4, iPad Air 1, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro (both models)
- iPod touch 6
Compatible firmware versions:
- iOS 9.2, iOS 9.2.1
- iOS 9.3, iOS 9.3.1, iOS 9.3.2, iOS 9.3.3
- Make sure that you have performed a full backup of the iPhone, iPad or iPod touch device, and that all data is secured to iTunes or iCloud.
- iOS 9.2-9.3.3 running on your compatible 64-bit device, as outlined above. We recommend updating to iOS 9.3.3. You can grab iOS 9.3.3 file from here: Download iOS 9.3.3 IPSW For iPhone And iPad [Final Version].
- The latest version of iTunes running on your Windows PC.
- Jailbreak tool, which you can get from here: Download Pangu iOS 9.3.3 / 9.3.2 Jailbreak For Windows.
Before we begin, it’s important to note that the instructions below are for Chinese version of the jailbreak as the English version of the tool is not out yet but is expected to drop very soon. We will update the post once the English version is out.
Step 1: Connect your iOS device to your computer.
Step 2: Once you have downloaded the jailbreak tool from the link given above, launch it on Windows.
Step 3: Now click the big green button with some Chinese text on it to begin the jailbreak process.
Step 4: After a short while, you will get a captcha screen on the tool. Enter the catcha letters and wait for at least a couple of minutes as the tool will now start installing a profile on your device.
Step 5: Now on your device, head to Settings > General > Device Management (on iOS 9.3.3) or Settings > General > Profile (on iOS 9.3.2 and below) and then trust the developer. Once you do this, a app called PP will start installing on your device.
Step 6: Once done, open this PP app and accept the prompt for push notifications.
Step 7: Now tap on the circle, and wait for PP app to install Cydia. You will get a notification when Cydia starts installing on the device. Once Cydia is successfully installed, the device will reboot automatically and you should have Cydia installed on your now jailbroken device.
As mentioned earlier, this is a semi-untethered/tethered jailbreak which means every time the device reboots, you will have to re-jailbreak of sorts to get the device back into jailbroken state. Fortunately, this doesn’t mean you need to go through the whole process through your computer again. You don’t have to reinstall the jailbreak tweaks, settings or Cydia either. All you need to do after every reboot is to run the PP app on your device and you will get back into jailbroken state again within no time.
And there you have it. Out of the blue, literally form nowhere, a working and very simple way to jailbreak compatible iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices running iOS 9.3.3 to iOS 9.2.
You may also like to check out:
- Jailbreak iOS 9.3.3, 9.3.2, More With Pangu On iPhone And iPad [Updated]
- How To Downgrade iOS 10 Beta To iOS 9.x [Tutorial]
- You Can Downgrade iOS 9.3.3 Right Now While Apple Is Still Signing The Older Firmware