Mac Game of the Week: Cthulhu Saves the World is the best version of a great RPG
I already sang the praises of Zeboyd Games’ Cthulhu Saves the World when it appeared on iOS: I think the world could use about a million more of these kinds of classic Japanese RPGs (and Zeboyd’s latest title, Penny Arcade 3, just arrived on the App Store.) But I also admitted that playing Lovecraft’s God of Madness’ adventure on a touchscreen wasn’t ideal. The movement controls, specifically, threatened to rub the print off of my finger with all of the swiping I was doing.
If anything, that makes CSTW an even better fit for the Mac App Store, where it arrived recently. This might be the ideal build for the game, as not only can you play it on a Mac’s big, beautiful screen, but there are multiple modes, add-ons and new features to play with as well. You can play in the “Highlander” mode, for example, where you can only use one character but get four times the XP. Or the “Cthulhu’s Angels” mode, which remixes the game up with new characters, dialogue and bosses.
This is a fantastic game. If you’ve passed on it before, don’t miss it this time. Heck, at the price of US$1.99, you might want to go ahead and buy it again just to see what it’s like on the Mac.
Cthulhu Saves the World is available on the Mac App Store.
Mac Game of the Week: Cthulhu Saves the World is the best version of a great RPG originally appeared on TUAW – The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Thu, 25 Oct 2012 19:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
You may also like to check out:
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1
- How To Downgrade iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G From iOS 6 To 5.1.1 Using Redsn0w