Matrox DS1 Thunderbolt docking station now shipping
Just in time for the holidays, Matrox is shipping the US$249 DS1 Thunderbolt docking station to happy Mac users. Unfortunately, you might not be able to get one to put under the Christmas tree, since most large online retailers (Amazon, MacMall, CDW, B&H Photo) are not showing availability. OWC currently shows a 4-day shipping wait time.
First announced in June of 2012, the DS1 made it just under the wire with a “Fall 2012″ ship date. The device is designed to create a single cable connection to a host of peripherals, perfect for owners of new MacBooks who want to have the convenience of a desktop Mac with the portability inherent in their laptops.
The dock has either an HDMI or DVI port for connecting to a larger monitor, a gigabit Ethernet port, a USB 3.0 port, and two USB 2.0 ports. There are also separate input and output connections for microphones and speakers or headsets, and the DS1 can be used as the last device in a chain of Thunderbolt devices.
Keep an eye on TUAW, as we’re attempting to get one of these for a detailed review. In the meantime, enjoy the video.
[via Apple Insider]
Matrox DS1 Thunderbolt docking station now shipping originally appeared on TUAW – The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Mon, 17 Dec 2012 14:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
You may also like to check out:
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1
- How To Downgrade iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G From iOS 6 To 5.1.1 Using Redsn0w