National Geographic photographer praises the iPhone 5s’ camera
National Geographic photographer Jim Richardson has praise the new camera in the iPhone 5s after using it to shoot over 4000 photos on his recent trip to the Scottish highlands. In a blog post on NationalGeographic.com Richardson writes:
With intense use (I’ve made about 4,000 pictures in the last four days) I’ve discovered that the iPhone 5S is a very capable camera. The color and exposures are amazingly good, the HDR exposure feature does a stunningly good job in touch situations, the panorama feature is nothing short of amazing-seeing a panorama sweeping across the screen in real time is just intoxicating. Best of all it shoots square pictures natively, a real plus for me since I wanted to shoot for Instagram posting.
Once I figured out what the camera could do well I began to forget all the things it couldn’t do at all.
Understandably, after Richardson’s article went live, Apple’s Phil Schiller tweeted a link to it with the word “iPhoneography.” You can check out more of Jim Richardson’s iPhone 5s pics from Scotland at his Instagram account.
National Geographic photographer praises the iPhone 5s’ camera originally appeared on TUAW – The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Tue, 08 Oct 2013 08:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 7.0.3
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1
- How To Downgrade iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G From iOS 6 To 5.1.1 Using Redsn0w