It’s always busy in the App Store with a never-ending flood of new apps landing on iOS and OS X. Take a few minutes and check out our list of stand-out titles from the past few weeks! If that’s not enough, you can also follow our ongoing coverage of new apps as they are released.
New iOS Apps
- Hop [iOS Universal; Category: Social Networking; Free] Hop brings your email to life! It automagically turns your email messages into a natural chat conversation with the people you know.
- Wonders of Life [iOS Universal; Category: Reference; $ 5.99] Explore the majesty of nature in breath-taking 3D with Professor Brian Cox as your personal tour guide.
- Photofy [iOS Universal; Category: Photography & Video; Free] Photofy is a self-expression photo app that empowers people to be creative by adding their own unique touch to photos and sharing them with friends, family and social media.
- UpWord Notes [iPhone; Category: Productivity; $ 0.99] UpWord Notes makes your everyday notes more productive. We re-imagined powerful note-taking as an elegant experience.
- The Right Word [iPad; Category: Education; $ 1.99] Introducing The Right Word: The premier app for practicing English usage and learning how to properly use commonly confused words.
- World of Gibbets [iOS Universal; Category: Games; $ 0.99] ‘World of Gibbets’ invites you to a gruesome place where people are just moments away from..uhm..becoming angels. They hang on gibbets!
- Numerical: Calculator Without Equal [iPhone; Category: Utilities; $ 2.99] Numerical is a calculator without equal. Whether you’re doing simple math, advanced brackets and exponentiation, or need a running history of your previous work, Numerical has the answer.
- Card Wars – Adventure Time [iOS Universal; Category: Games; $ 3.99] Floop the Pig! It’s Adventure Time CARD WARS! Play the game inspired by the Adventure Time episode, “Card Wars”! Summon creatures and cast spells to battle your way to victory.
- CalCube – Quick, Slick & Easy Calendar [iOS Universal; Category: Utilities; $ 1.99] Calcube is the quickest calendar around. All you need to enter is the name and time of your event. Other details are already pre-set at the first startup of the app. That’s what makes CalCube much faster than your default calendar.
- Monster Stacker [iOS Universal; Category: Games; $ 2.99] A fun new physics game for the Mac OSX. Test your balancing skills as you drop deliver crates of cute monsters onto your hiring bosses’ dungeon floor.
- Bug Heroes 2 [iOS Universal; Category: Games; Free] Every day while you’re gone, an epic battle of swords, guns, and armor rages on your counters, on your floors, and in your yard… Enter the world of the Bug Heroes!
- SECTOR [iPad; Category: Music; $ 6.99] Slice and sequence your loops with a matrix of markov-chain connections. Introduce order with the probability-based coin-flipping pattern sequencer.
New OS X Apps
- VideoGif [OS X; Category: Utilities; $ 4.99] VideoGIF makes it easier than ever to create animated GIFs from videos/movies. To get started, you are free to add a video from video files or the Webcam.
- Monster Stacker [OS X; Category: Games; $ 2.99] A fun new physics game for the Mac OSX. Test your balancing skills as you drop deliver crates of cute monsters onto your hiring bosses’ dungeon floor.
- Compare Folders [OS X; Category: Utilities; Free] Folder comparison for the rest of us: simple, fast and accurate. Compare at a glance two folders, even with thousands of files, taking into account file and subfolders content, creation & modification dates, permissions and more
- Keep Everything for Web [OS X; Category: Productivity; Free] Light & Fast Web Archiver for OS X, iOS. You can keep webpages and images by just “Drag & Drop” or “Select & Copy”.