Angry Birds Space wasn’t the only big new release to hit the App Store last night. Here are some other noteworthy apps and updates that are now available (all prices are USD).
- Canabalt creator Adam Saltzman’s new game, which is based on the upcoming Hunger Games movie, is now available as a free promotional app. It looks excellent, and features Saltzman’s game design prowess as well as music from composer Danny B.
- Hunters 2 is a sequel to the great turn-based strategy title that looks awesome. It’s $4.99.
- Chillingo has dropped an endless runner game in which you control a roller coaster called MadCoaster, as well as a good-looking physics puzzler called Light the Flower. Both are 99 cents.
- Swordigo is a 2D hack-and-slash RPG with impressive graphics. It’s launching at $1.99.
- BattleLoot Adventure is a Final Fantasy-style RPG that looks excellent. It costs $0.99
- Smule has released a brand new title called Beatstream that turns your own music into a playable game for $0.99.
- Pocket Gems has released a new freemium title called Tap Paradise Cove.
- 99 Games’ Nightclub Mayhem has arrived on the iPad for $0.99.
- Big updates include the beautiful Zen Bound 2 ($0.99) which is now ready for the new iPad.
- DragonVale (free) got a nice update with a new dragon to seek out, and new buildings to put up.
- And Scribblenauts Remix ($0.99) has some new spring break content to download and play with.
Man, that’s a lot of new games and content to play with. Stay tuned, as we’ll be covering a few of these more closely in the days to come.
New games and updates on the App Store: Hunger Games, Dragonvale, more originally appeared on TUAW – The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Thu, 22 Mar 2012 14:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.