New iPad 1080p camera put to the test with prototype Padcaster rig [video]
Filmmakers Josh Apter and Peter Olsen like to tackle new technology as soon as they can get their hands on it — but they don’t really have a choice in the matter.
As the proprietor of NYC’s Manhattan Edit Workshop, Josh is obligated to get ahead of the curve so that his stable of trainers and edit experts can provide top-notch instruction to the eager community of digital editors in New York.
Josh let us know about a new gadget they’re working with: the Padcaster. He hasn’t told us much more than the name and that it’s coming next month, but from what we can tell it’s a lens rig for iOS devices that lets filmmakers use traditional lenses to get the best results out of their iPhones and iPads.
The proof’s in the pudding: Pete and Josh made a demonstration mini-doc, “Sprung Spring,” in NYC’s Union Square using the new iPad and the Padcaster. When you see the focus shifts and the control over depth of field that they got out of their rig, I think you’ll be impressed too.
The “Sprung Spring” video is embedded below; be sure to watch it full-screen to see the HD impact of the iPad’s new camera and the Padcaster lens rig.
Credits: Music by Van Davis. Equipment list: 2012 iPad, Padcaster prototype #4, Cinevate 35mm adapter, Carl Zeiss 85mm f1.4 lens, Sennheiser MKH-60 microphone, Manfrotto 561BHDV-1 tripod. Software: iMovie for iPad, Final Cut Pro 7, FCP X, Filmic Pro.
You may also like to check out:
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1
- How To Downgrade iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G From iOS 6 To 5.1.1 Using Redsn0w