One of the more significant behind-the-scenes changes that took place following Apple’s media event yesterday was an overhauls of the collections the Apple Watch is offered in. With the introduction of new colors to pre-existing bands like the Modern Buckle, Classic Buckle, and Sport Band, along with an entirely new offering in the Woven Nylon band, the configurations offered to customers who don’t yet own an Apple Watch can be a bit daunting to decipher.
To make room for the new bands in its Apple Watch collections without significantly expanding the number of models, Apple has phased out several previous models from its collections. For example, Apple no longer offers bundles with the (PRODUCT)RED Sport Band, White Sport Band, Black Classic Buckle, Midnight Blue Modern Buckle, Soft Pink Modern Buckle, Midnight Blue Leather Loop, or Stone Leather Loop.
Each of the bands remains available to purchase separately, but anyone with an eye for these particular styles looking to buy an Apple Watch for the first time will have to put down money for another collection first or try to pick up one of the discontinued combinations on closeout.
Since there are so many new configurations replacing older bands, all at varying prices and availability, MacRumors has put together this breakdown of all of the new collections in one place. Starting with the ten new collections of the stainless steel Apple Watch, these are the new options available for you to purchase from the Apple online store.
Apple Watch Stainless Steel Case
With the sole exception of the Space Black collection (which has the only Sport Band now offered as a starting point for stainless steel Apple Watches), the entry point for the mid-tier Apple Watch line has expanded with the Woven Nylon bands. Despite the fact that there are seven total colorways able to be purchased separately, Apple is only offering the Pearl color in a collection.
- 38mm Stainless Steel Case with Pearl Woven Nylon – $549.00
- 42mm Stainless Steel Case with Pearl Woven Nylon – $599.00
The price jumps $100 when choosing new colors in the Classic Buckle line. There’s more of a limit to customization here, unfortunately, with the new Red Classic Buckle only available in a 38mm collection, and the Marine Blue Classic Buckle only offered in a 42mm collection. As usual, every Classic Buckle color is for sale in either 38mm or 42mm sizes individually. Apple introduced seven total new Classic Buckle colors on Monday.
- 38mm Stainless Steel Case with Red Classic Buckle – $649.00
- 42mm Stainless Steel Case with Marine Blue Classic Buckle – $699.00
The new Leather Loop and Modern Buckle collections are simple color switch-outs as well, with sizes locked into the exclusive measurements of each respective band (Modern Buckle is only sold in 38mm and Leather Loop is only sold in 42mm).
- 42mm Stainless Steel Case with White Leather Loop – $699.00
- 42mm Stainless Steel Case with Storm Gray Leather Loop – $699.00
- 38mm Stainless Steel Case with Marigold Modern Buckle – $749.00
- 38mm Stainless Steel Case with Blue Jay Modern Buckle – $749.00
The new Stainless Steel collections are rounded out by the long-rumored Space Black Milanese Loop, offered in both sizes with the matching Space Black Stainless Steel case.
- 38mm Space Black Stainless Steel Case with Space Black Milanese Loop – $699.00
- 42mm Space Black Stainless Steel Case with Space Black Milanese Loop – $749.00
Apple Watch Aluminum Case
In comparison to Stainless Steel, the Aluminum Apple Watch Sport only saw two collections phased out in the transition that occurred yesterday, with buyers now unable to purchase bundles with the Orange or Blue Sport Band. Apple did, however, add four new combinations to its Sport lineup, bringing the total count of new bundles to fourteen for those looking at the more rugged and athletic wearable device.
Of the six new colors offered in the Sport band line — Yellow, Apricot, Royal Blue, Light Pink, Lilac, and Mint — the company has decided to present Yellow, Apricot, and Royal Blue in bundles. Each is available at the company’s new lowered price of $299 for 38mm or $349 for 42mm.
- 38mm Silver Aluminum Case with Yellow Sport Band – $299.00
- 42mm Silver Aluminum Case with Yellow Sport band – $349.00
- 38mm Silver Aluminum Case with Apricot Sport Band – $299.00
- 42mm Silver Aluminum Case with Apricot Sport band – $349.00
- 38mm Silver Aluminum Case with Royal Blue Sport Band – $299.00
- 42mm Silver Aluminum Case with Royal Blue Sport band – $349.00
The other eight new additions to the Apple Watch Sport collection encompass some of the new colors of the Woven Nylon bands. Apple has restricted the Pink and Gold/Red Woven Nylon bands to 38mm bundles, and the Scuba Blue and Gold/Royal Blue Woven Nylon bands to 42mm bundles, but the remaining four options give buyers a choice in size.
- 38mm Silver Aluminum Case with Pink Woven Nylon – $299.00
- 42mm Silver Aluminum Case with Scuba Blue Woven Nylon – $349.00
It should be noted that the bundles with Royal Blue and Gold/Red Woven Nylon bands have color-matching Rose Gold and Gold hardware respectively. When purchased as standalone bands in these colors, the hardware is standard Silver aluminum.
- 38mm Rose Gold Aluminum Case with Royal Blue Woven Nylon – $299.00
- 42mm Rose Gold Aluminum Case with Royal Blue Woven Nylon – $349.00
- 38mm Gold Aluminum Case with Gold/Red Woven Nylon – $299.00
- 42mm Gold Aluminum Case with Gold/Royal Blue Woven Nylon – $349.00
- 38mm Space Gray Aluminum Case with Black Woven Nylon – $299.00
- 42mm Space Gray Aluminum Case with Black Woven Nylon – $349.00
The shipping status of each new bundle in the Stainless Steel collection varies, but the most in-demand bundles appear to be the 38mm Red Classic Buckle (1-2 weeks) and medium size 42mm White Leather Loop (5-7 business days). Otherwise, at the time of writing, every Stainless Steel bundle should ship in about 1 business day.
The shipping times for the new Apple Watch Sport bundles are similarly quick, with every model ready to ship within 1 business day except for the Rose Gold Aluminum Case with Royal Blue Woven Nylon. Out of all of the new models — Stainless Steel and Aluminum alike — this is the only new bundle that isn’t available to purchase immediately and simply states that it will be “coming soon.”
Other than the new Apple Watch collections, Apple introduced the iPhone SE and 9.7-inch iPad Pro during its “Let Us Loop You In” event on Monday. Catch up with the news in the MacRumors Event Recap and read about the various tidbits from the keynote that might have slipped through the cracks.
Discuss this article in our forums