No tethering for iPhone 3G
Filed under: iPhone
Over at iPhone Atlas they’re reporting that AT&T is not planning to offer a tethering option for the forthcoming iPhone 3G. Right now AT&T does offer the option for many of their 3G phones, which allows you to use the phone as a cellular modem on a laptop as part of a $65/month data plan. According to an AT&T spokesman, however, no such Phone-As-Modem plan will be offered for the iPhone 3G.
I certainly would have been interested in tethering, especially since the 3G iPhone will allow you to receive calls while transferring data. Given that AT&T is basically eliminating the iPhone’s special status vis-a-vis their other smartphones, bringing it into line with the BlackBerry and WM data plans, it’s a shame that they’re not willing to offer parity on the tethering side. How many of you would be willing to pay extra for 3G tethering on the iPhone?
You may also like to check out:
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1
- How To Downgrade iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G From iOS 6 To 5.1.1 Using Redsn0w