The holidays are now over, and developers aren’t wasting any time getting back into the App Store mix. As is usual during the year on Wednesday nights, a number of new apps and updates are scheduled to hit the App Store around the world, and here’s a choice selection of what will be new and available in the next 24 hours.
- Hundreds is the most notable new app this week — it’s a new game put together by Canabalt creator Adam Atomic, along with Puzzle Juice collaborator Greg Wohlwend. I’ve been playing it for about a week now, and I can tell you: It’s just spectacular. Hundreds will be available for US$2.99.
- Chillingo’s got two new games coming out: Catch the Ark is a new endless runner created by some ex-AAA developers, and Swing King is a colorful physics puzzle game that looks excellent. Both are 99 cents.
- Repulze is a racing game that’s also releasing tonight on iOS. I haven’t played it yet, but it looks great, and it’s also going to be 99 cents.
- There are some solid updates coming tonight, too. Punch Quest is getting a new “Spartan” mode, which means you’ll collect powerups as you punch/run instead of choosing them ahead of time.
- EA’s Need for Speed: Most Wanted is getting two new cars, in the form of the Pagani Zonda R and the Marussia B2. There’s also new content, and seven new cars that are going to be rotated into the game week by week.
- And finally, virtual skating simulator True Skate is getting updated with a new combo system, new missions, and a new in-game currency to earn. There’s a new slow-motion mode, too, that can be unlocked with the new currency or opened up for an in-app purchase.
Obviously, this isn’t all of the new apps on the store, but it’s a good sampling. We’ll have more on these new games and others in the near future here on TUAW.
On the App Store tonight: Hundreds, Swing King, Punch Quest update and more originally appeared on TUAW – The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Wed, 02 Jan 2013 20:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.