Open source media player VLC to get complete rewrite and Blu-ray playback
VideoLan says it will soon release a major 2.0 release of its open source VLC media player, which will contain many new features of interest to OS X users.
The new VLC will support Blu-ray playback, if you have the proper hardware, a full screen mode in Lion, and a new interface that looks similar to iTunes.
The 2.0 version is currently available as a release candidate, but it may, of course, still have some unsquashed bugs.
Steve Jobs was famously against building Blu-ray support into the Mac, calling licensing issues a “bag of hurt.” The Mac does support internal and external Blu-ray drives for data storage. With the VLC software, those drives should be able to play Blu-ray movies.
There have been some 3rd party Blu-ray software solutions, but this will be free, and we hope, reliable.
- Download iOS 7.0.6
- How To Jailbreak iOS 7 – 7.0.6 Untethered On iPhone 5s, 5c, 5, 4s And More With Evasi0n7
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1