Path reaches a settlement with the FTC over COPPA violations
Path is paying handsomely for allowing minors under the age of 13-years-old to sign up for its service. According to a statement released Friday, Path has settled with the FTC over an alleged violation of the Children’s Online Privacy Protections Act (COPPA) involving 3,000 underage accounts. The social network has agreed to pay an US$8,000 fine. It will also establish a privacy program and submit to regular privacy assessments for the next 20 years.
This COPPA violation was discovered as part of a bigger investigation following the revelation that Path uploaded iPhone contact information to the service’s database without permission.
Path reaches a settlement with the FTC over COPPA violations originally appeared on TUAW – The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Fri, 01 Feb 2013 14:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 7.0.3
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1
- How To Downgrade iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G From iOS 6 To 5.1.1 Using Redsn0w