Payback brings a GTA clone to the iPhone
Grand Theft Auto isn’t out for the iPhone, but Payback is –it’s basically a 3D version of the old top-down GTA gameplay, improved with better rendering and lighting. You control the game by pressing “buttons” on the screen, and tilting the iPhone around, and Touch Arcade says it works well. Some missions are apparently tough, but in terms of what GTA is really about — driving around and generally causing mayhem — Payback will deliver.
Unfortunately, textures (both visual and audio) are rough, as are the actual physics, so it seems Payback is more of a “GTA could work on the iPhone” demo rather than an actual game (though of course you can play it, it probably just won’t be as fun). Still, we’re in favor of any game reaching high on the iPhone, and this one definitely does.
Payback is out in the App Store now, for a substantial $6.99. But it’s worth it, especially if you’re a big GTA fan, just to see such a complex game on Apple’s little handheld.Payback brings a GTA clone to the iPhone originally appeared on The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW) on Thu, 29 Jan 2009 12:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
Payback brings a GTA clone to the iPhone originally appeared on The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW) on Thu, 29 Jan 2009 12:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
- Download iOS 7.0.6
- How To Jailbreak iOS 7 – 7.0.6 Untethered On iPhone 5s, 5c, 5, 4s And More With Evasi0n7
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1