Phil Schiller slams Android in WSJ interview hours before new handsets are to be introduced
In another unusual move for Apple marketing: Phil Schiller slammed Google’s Android OS as a “fragmented” system in a Wall Street Journal interview. The interview came just 24 hours before Samsung is set to unveil their new smartphone. The new comments also come less than a week after Phil Schiller tweeted that Android users should “Be safe out there.” That tweet was in response to a report from F-Secure, which highlighted a number of security and malware issues in the Android operating system.
Schiller told the Wall Street Journal that Android users are often running old operating systems and that the fragmentation among Android devices was “plain and simple.” He also added that “Android is often given as a free replacement for a feature phone and the experience isn’t as good as an iPhone.” Additionally, he brought up Apple’s strong ecosystem as a benefit to users over what Android offers, something the company started touting with the introduction of the iPod twelve years ago. “When you take an Android device out of the box, you have to sign up to nine accounts with different vendors to get the experience iOS comes with. They don’t work seamlessly together.”
The Wall Street Journal characterized Schiller’s comments as defensive. Samsung is widely expected to launch the Galaxy IVS later today.
Phil Schiller slams Android in WSJ interview hours before new handsets are to be introduced originally appeared on TUAW – The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Thu, 14 Mar 2013 08:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
- Download iOS 7.1.1
- How To Jailbreak iOS 7 – 7.1 Untethered On iPhone 5s, 5c, 5, 4s And More With Evasi0n7
- How To Downgrade iOS 7.1-7.1.1 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.2
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1