Photographer Ben Long shares iPad photography workflow advice
Photographer Ben Long has put together an informative and detailed article for photography aficionados at Creative Pro on using the iPad for post-production while in the field or traveling for a shoot.
For Long, taking a 13” MacBook Air into the field carries a lot of negatives in comparison to an iPad. Overall, Long says the iPad is a more resilient piece of kit in harsher environments, but of course, it doesn’t offer the same kind of power that a MacBook Air does.
Long notes that when the iPad first arrived, it offered an exciting, light-weight alternative for photography out of the studio, but the apps supporting a pro-level workflow did not yet exist .
But over the last few months, Long notes that a few new apps have arrived on the iOS App Store (particularly Snapseed and Photos Info Pro), which offer “some important new post-production capabilities.” Meaning, depending on what kind of shoot you’re doing, you may be able to get away with just your camera and an iPad.
For Long’s workflow with an iPad, and his take on the apps he uses, do check out the article here.
[Via The Loop]
Photographer Ben Long shares iPad photography workflow advice originally appeared on TUAW – The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Wed, 13 Mar 2013 15:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
- Download iOS 7.0.6
- How To Jailbreak iOS 7 – 7.0.6 Untethered On iPhone 5s, 5c, 5, 4s And More With Evasi0n7
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1