Plants vs. Zombies 2 gets delayed, now coming later this summer
I got to see Plants vs. Zombies 2 running at E3, and the game looked essentially done. That’s why this news is so surprising. PopCap has tweeted that the title has been delayed from its July 18 launch to “sometime later on this summer.” Note that it will still premiere on iOS.
There could be several reasons for this. PopCap is part of EA, so perhaps the title must go through extra quality reviews, or maybe July 18 conflicts with something else in EA’s lineup. It’s also possible that PopCap wants to leverage other additions to the Plants vs. Zombies empire (the company is working on a cheeky third-person shooter based on the popular franchise).
There are also some concerns from E3 about the game’s freemium elements. Unlike the original game, Plants vs. Zombies 2 is free to play, but dependent on in-app purchases for revenue. So it’s possible that PopCap is reconsidering, or at least tweaking, those elements.
We won’t know for sure until we see the game again, which will hopefully be soon. Plants vs. Zombies 2 (which is somewhat ironically titled “It’s About Time”) is now set to arrive later this summer.
Plants vs. Zombies 2 gets delayed, now coming later this summer originally appeared on TUAW – The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Thu, 27 Jun 2013 14:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 7.0.3
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1
- How To Downgrade iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G From iOS 6 To 5.1.1 Using Redsn0w