Proview wants China to halt iPad imports, exports
Proview International Holding is moving against Apple now that the Chinese courts decided the Shenzen company owns a trademark on the word iPad. Roger Xie, a lawyer for Proview, spoke to Business Week and told them the company has not been able to reach an agreement with Apple over the use of the term.
Now, Proview is asking the customs bureau to block the import and export of the tablet device.
Apple, however, claims it owns the trademark and bought it legally from the UK company, IP Application Development. IP Application Development bought the trademark from Proview Taiwan in 2009 for £35,000 (US$55,000). Proview claims this original sale should be nullified because Proview Taiwan was not legally representing Proview Shenzen. A court ruled in Proview’s favor and members of China’s Administration of Industry and Commerce are supposedly confiscating iPads in at least one Chinese city. Apple is appealing this decision. In the meantime, the immediate future of the iPad in China is in limbo.
You may also like to check out:
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 Beta To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1
- How To Downgrade iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G From iOS 6 To 5.1.1 Using Redsn0w