Reno city council approves Apple tax break for data center
No big surprise here — the Reno, NV city council has approved tax breaks for Apple’s proposed data center and business / purchasing center in the city. The tax breaks are expected to produce a 79 percent reduction in Apple tax burden, but building the facilities should provide the northern Nevada city with a significant economic boost.
Washoe County commissioners approved their part of the deal on Tuesday, giving Apple an 85 percent break on personal property taxes. The 350-acre data center still has a few hurdles to overcome, as the project must go through about a month-long approval process with the Nevada governor’s economic development office.
If all the approvals go smoothly, construction of the new Apple data center could begin as soon as August of 2012.
Reno city council approves Apple tax break for data center originally appeared on TUAW – The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Thu, 28 Jun 2012 15:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
You may also like to check out:
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1
- How To Downgrade iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G From iOS 6 To 5.1.1 Using Redsn0w