Report: Apple’s iOS accounts for 35% of mobile ad impressions
Apple’s share of the overall mobile market seems to be heading dramatically upward, at least according to inMobi.
The company measures how ads they serve (almost 100 million ads deployed each month) are filtered onto mobile devices.
The figures are striking. Apple’s share of ad impressions went from 23.2% in October of 2011 to 35% in January of 2012. At the same time, Android devices declined 3.2%.
That’s a reversal from a year ago when Android was topping the list. Android has also slipped 8.9% to an 11.6% share.
The company also measures the top 3 handsets and they are all Apple products. The Apple iPhone 4, the first generation iPad, and the iPod touch are the devices that view the most advertising.
Anne Frisbie, InMobi’s Vice President and Managing Director, says, “The iOS growth we are seeing may be attributed to the tremendous success of iPhone 4S and iPad in the ecosystem.”
Of course ad viewing is not the same as total market share, but it is an indication that Apple has made a rather large dent in connected mobile devices.
You may also like to check out:
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 Beta To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1
- How To Downgrade iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G From iOS 6 To 5.1.1 Using Redsn0w