Rovio releasing a game based on The Croods movie
Rovio has announced another game, and it’s yet another surprising title from the Finish developer of Angry Birds. Rovio’s first non-Angry Birds game was Amazing Alex (which was a rebranding of another developer’s game), its second was the spinoff Bad Piggies, and now they’re making: The Croods, a licensed title from the upcoming Dreamworks film. As you can see from the official gameplay trailer, it looks like a Farmville-style townbuilding title, though of course everything is styled after the movie (with some fun Rovio touches in the nonsensical language and a really elegant hand-drawn style). It looks like players will be able to catch pets, grow crops, and develop their own little Croods homestead, similar to a lot of other freemium management games.
Rovio continues to make really interesting choices in its game development — the company has definitely exploited the Angry Birds brand as far as it could go and then some, and Amazing Alex, while definitely not a failure, wasn’t nearly as big a success as the birds and the pigs. Rovio’s teamed up with Dreamworks before in making Angry Birds Rio, so presumably that partnership led to other game ideas, which eventually lead to this one. It’s worth noting, too, that while most of Rovio’s big titles have been physics puzzlers, The Croods looks to be very different.
We’ll keep an eye out for the game on the App Store. It certainly seems like a strange next choice for Rovio to make, but given the vast success of Angry Birds, I think the company can afford to experiment a little more.
You may also like to check out:
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1
- How To Downgrade iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G From iOS 6 To 5.1.1 Using Redsn0w