Schiller says not to expect Blu-ray from Apple
In Time‘s interview with Apple Senior Vice President of Worldwide Marketing Phil Schiller, he addresses the long-standing question of whether or not Apple will ever jump on the Blu-ray bandwagon. It seems that barring any unforeseen circumstances, you’ll likely never see a Blu-ray option from Apple on any machine.
“Blu-ray has come with issues unrelated to the actual quality of the movie that make [it] a complex and not-great technology,” Schiller explains. “So for a whole plethora of reasons, it makes a lot of sense to get rid of optical discs in desktops and notebooks.”
Of course, with the new, ultra-slim iMac and Retina-equipped MacBooks completely abandoning optical drives, it’s clear that the company isn’t really a fan of discs in any form. You still have the option of using a third party external Blu-ray drive and software, should you desire, but you’ll likely never actually see it as an option from Apple when building your own Mac online.
You may also like to check out:
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1
- How To Downgrade iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G From iOS 6 To 5.1.1 Using Redsn0w