"Sesame Street" app developers share experience, tips
The developers behind the Sesame Street line of iPad apps have gathered their knowledge and experience into a guide for others looking to tap the kid market successfully.
The group observed children interacting with iPads in over 60 studies. The results of analyzing that data have produced the “best practices” guide that’s now freely available. Here’s an example of what you’ll find in the guide:
“Just as researchers have documented the ‘formal features’ of television, which are the rules, syntax, and indicators of audio and visuals cues designed to help children understand a television show, we are beginning to understand the formal features of touchscreen devices. We now know, for example, that hotspots (triggers that take children to new locations within the app) in the lower right- and left-hand corners of the screen are precisely where children rest their wrists, which inevitably means that children accidentally exited the activity they were in.”
“Sesame Street” app developers share experience, tips originally appeared on TUAW – The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Thu, 27 Dec 2012 11:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
You may also like to check out:
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1
- How To Downgrade iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G From iOS 6 To 5.1.1 Using Redsn0w