AnyRing is a new app available on Cydia which enables you to set just about any song as your phone ringtone, or SMS alert on a jailbroken iPhone. You can even record your own sound and set it as your default ringtone alert.
All you have to do is to simply drag and drop any song in iTunes, sync it with your iPhone, and then fire up AnyRing app to set it as your default Ringtone.
One of the best features of the app is that it allows you to even select the starting and ending point of a song to play when ringtone is being played in real-time. You can also transfer or share your favorite ringtones with other iPhones running AnyRing app.
Some of the features of the app includes:
- The ability to transfer Ringtone over Bluetooth.
- Select any song from iPod app on your iPhone to act as a Ringtone.
- There is no need for any kind of audio file conversion.
- The ability to select start and ending point in a song to play as Ringtone and loop through them until you answer the call.
- Enable or Disable the vibration when playing the Ringtone.
- user-friendly interface.
- Set short Ringtone to play as SMS alert sound.
You will, of course, need to have a jailbroken iPhone to install it. Follow our step by step guide posted here to jailbreak your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with Limera1n or GreenPois0n if you haven’t already.
AnyRing is available for $3.99 under Big Boss repository from Cydia. A free try-before-you-buy (10 days) version is also available under the same repository on Cydia.