Shadow Era gets a new expansion, a new website, and a new app
These days, the only iOS card game I’m playing with any regularity is SolForge — I wish there was a little more to it, but the mechanics are very well constructed. Shadow Era, one of the first collectible card games on the App Store, is still kicking around, however, and has gotten bigger than ever. The game’s developers, now called Wulven Game Studios, have sent along word that they’ve just added a new expansion to the title, and they’ve released a brand new app for that expansion, called Shadow Era: Dark Prophecies.
Dark Prophecies adds about 150 new cards to the game, along with a new mechanic called Steadfast, and a new format, called Meltdown. The game also has a brand new website to show off all of the latest content and news, so you can head there if you want to learn more.
As always, Shadow Era remains free to play, with the opportunity to buy extra “crystals” there if you want to pick up more cards sooner. With Blizzard’s Hearthstone announcement and the onset of Rage of Bahamut-inspired card battlers, collectible card games are about to get even more popular on the App Store. But Shadow Era was one of the first out there, and it remains one of the best.
Shadow Era gets a new expansion, a new website, and a new app originally appeared on TUAW – The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Thu, 18 Apr 2013 16:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 7.0.3
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1
- How To Downgrade iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G From iOS 6 To 5.1.1 Using Redsn0w