Shazam has released an update for their app to add the much awaited auto tagging feature for music and TV shows to iPhone and iPod touch.
When the auto tagging feature is enabled, Shazam runs in the background, even when you’re using some other app and tags music tracks and TV shows till you turn off the feature. You’ll see a red status bar when Auto Tagging is running. When there is a match, it displays the album artwork of the song on top, you can tap on star button to add it to your favorites.
Auto tagging is disabled by default, but you can turn it on by tapping on theAuto On/Off toggle that is available at the top right corner. Shazam had added the auto-tagging feature to the iPad app earlier in the year.
Here’s what’s new in Shazam 7.3.0:
○ Auto Shazam does the hard work for you by continuously recognizing popular music and TV around you. Flip the switch on the Shazam home screen to turn on Auto Shazam, and automatically recognize while you commute or watch a movie, even if you leave the Shazam app or lock your phone.
New for all users:
○ Share Shazam Tags with friends on WhatsApp
○ Pin Shazam tags to your favourite Pinterest boards
○ Share Shazam Tags using iOS Messages
○ The app will not ask to use your location again if you have previously said no
If the app hasn’t been automatically updated, you can download the update via the Updates tab in the App Store app or use this iTunes link.