Some other cool (and relatively unmentioned) iOS 7 features
Craig Federighi simply didn’t have the time to go through all of the features in iOS 7, so I decided to scrape some of those features from a slide.
- View PDF annotation — in iOS, it’s been impossible to view annotations that someone has added to a PDF. It appears that feature is finally coming to iOS 7, and that will bring even more PDF power to our apps.
- Enterprise single sign-on — Not sure how this is going to be implemented, but providing a way for Enterprise users to use one sign on for all of the sites that they need to work with on a daily basis is huge. This resolves the issue of needing to log into multiple apps on an Enterprise network.
- Turn-by-turn walking directions — Finally, what we have in Google Maps, available for iOS Maps
- Do Not Track option in Safari — I believe this is similar to Chrome’s “incognito windows”
- Improved Mail search — I currently find searching iOS mail to be frustrating, and when I really need to look up an old email, I resort to OS X. I can only hope that iOS Mail search is improved to that level.
- Night mode for Maps — No more glaring screen when using Maps at night
- Wi-Fi HotSpot 2.0 — Not sure what the improvements are going to be, but it’s interesting to see that “Personal Hotspot” is getting an update
- FaceTime Audio — the ability to do FaceTime using only audio — this could be helpful for doing podcasts
- App Store Volume Purchase — This may be a way for developers or Apple to offer volume purchase rates to schools, perhaps with “promo codes” that work for a large number of users
- Scan to acquire Passbook passes — At a store? Want to get a Passbook pass for a discount coupon? Just scan a code to have it automatically loaded into Passbook
We’ll continue Zaprudering the slides as time goes by here today. There’s a lot of information to digest!
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 7.0.3
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1
- How To Downgrade iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G From iOS 6 To 5.1.1 Using Redsn0w